Monday, March 29, 2010

Week Three: Being With Jesus Before the Sanhedrin

Sorry, but my travel schedule has been hectic and I have fallen behind in my musings and postings.

There will be a new post this coming Sunday. I am making my way through Week Three of the Exercises and writing my own version of them.

The Third Week has as its goal, for the retreatant to have "com-passion" with Christ. In other words, to share in the Passion.. being with Christ in His Passion.

This has been a challenge for me. To feel what Jesus was feeling... to have sympathy with and empathy with Christ in His sufferings - this is HARD! Usually our focus is our "self." And what Christ did, He did for ME. But in this Third Week, the focus is that of Christ Himself. To be with Him. Not for our sake, but for His sake. And of course, if we are able to do this, then there is a profound "for our sake" benefit that comes. But we do this, just to be with Christ.

Jesus23SanhedrinToday, my reflection was on Jesus before the Sanhedrin (Matthew 26:57-68). I found myself starting from Peter's vantage point as one who had entered the courtyard to watch and see the outcome. But from there, as I considered what Peter was seeing and experiencing, I was able to move to consider what Christ was experiencing, and maybe, a little, to just be with Him.

May all of you be having a moving Season of Lent and have a week of drawing close to Christ in His crucifixion and resurrection.


Brian K. Rice
Leadership ConneXtions International
www.lci.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment