Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Welcome to Evangelicals on the Ignatian Road Blogsite


This is a new site I decided to start up to do posts specific to a very important part of my journey. I have been deeply influenced by Ignatian spirituality. It's methodologies are pretty core to who I am, how I connect with God and follow Christ.

I am influenced by more than just Ignatius. I am also greatly in debt to Benedictine spirituality and Franciscan spirituality as well.

Theologically I am a child of the Reformation and the Evangelical movement. But many years ago (it was in 1999) I realized that as much as I valued the theology of my heritage, its approaches to spiritual formation were lacking for me.

Thus began my pilgrimage as an Evangelical on the Ignatian Road.

That journey continues today in some new and interesting ways. For the last two or three years, I have been interested in creating a workbook approach to help evangelicals access the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius. For the last several months I have been working more intentionally on this. As time goes on, I plan to start posting on this blogsite, some of the tools, articles and exercises I am writing.

I am only going to post on this blogsite occasionally and not daily.

I have another blogsite where I post daily on issues of leadership, spirituality, culture, theology and mission. That can be found at Leadership ConneXtions International.

I will be glad for dialogue and feedback on the things I post, so don't hesitate.

Brian Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment